Jeddah Economic Company (JEC) has announced the resumption of construction on the Jeddah Tower project in Saudi Arabia. The towering structure is set to become the world’s tallest, surpassing 1,000 meters in height.
JEC has initiated the bidding process for contractors to complete this record-breaking construction, with bids expected by the end of the year, according to a report by MEED, which added that Kingdom Holding Company CEO Talal Ibrahim Almaiman confirmed the official issuance of the tender.
Among the prominent companies invited to bid for the contract are Almabani, Bawani, China Harbour, China State Construction Engineering Corporation, Consolidated Contractors Company, El-Seif Engineering Contracting, Hyundai Engineering Construction, Mohammed Abdulmohsin al-Kharafi & Sons, Nesma & Partners, Powerchina, Samsung C+T, Saudi Freyssinet, Skanska, and Strabag, the report said
Contractors have been allotted three months to prepare their bids, with the expectation that joint ventures, encompassing both local and international partners, will be formed.
It is worth noting that contractors have already conducted site visits in preparation for the project.
Jeddah Tower will be built to surpass Dubai’s Burj Khalifa by over 172 metres in height and will serve as the centerpiece of the Jeddah Economic City development. The initial phase of the project, including the main tower, spans an area of 1.5 square kilometers.
All you need to know about Saudi Arabia’s Jeddah Tower
JEC also revealed some facts and figures of the massive Jeddah Tower in Saudi Arabia. These include:
- Soaring to over 1000 meters in height, Kingdom Tower will be the centerpiece of the Kingdom City development.
- The residential offerings within Kingdom Tower are designed to cater to a variety of needs, ranging from 2, 3, up to 6-bedroom units, ensuring a high standard of living for its residents.
- Kingdom Tower will have many amenities, including shopping malls, luxury boutiques, gourmet restaurants, tennis courts, and more.
- As the world’s tallest tower, it also features the highest observation deck ever constructed.
- The tower will be accompanied by a luxurious Four Seasons hotel, office spaces, and condominiums.