Posted by : Aahil Shaik
Saturday, September 16, 2023
Saudi Arabia issues a dress code for Muslim women performing Umrah
The officials in Saudi Arabia have issued a dressing code for Muslim women performing Umrah or smaller pilgrimage, at the Grand Mosque of Makkah. See Also : How to get a Saudi sim card as a Tourist or visitor
The Ministry of Hajj and Umrah in Saudi Arabia through its official X (Twitter) stated that female worshipers are free to wear anything they link during the ceremonies, but they need to follow some specific guidelines.
* The attire of women must be loose fitting.
* It must be free of any ornaments.
* The attire must cover the woman’s body in full.
– During the current season, which began over two months ago, Saudi Arabia expects that approximately 10 million Muslims from other countries would do the Umrah pilgrimage at the Grand Mosque in Makkah.
– After restrictions connected to the corona virus were lifted, around 1.8 million Muslims participated in the annual Hajj pilgrimage for the first time in three years after the pandemic related restrictions ended.
– Muslims who are physically unable to Hajj pilgrimage or cannot afford to perform the Hajj travel to Saudi Arabia, goes to perform the Umrah pilgrimage.
– Saudi Arabia has recently unveiled a variety of options for foreign Muslims from all over the world who wish to perform Umrah in Makkah and visit Madina.
– The Saudi government has increased the length of the Umrah visa from 30 days to 90 days, allowing holders to enter the country through any land, air, or sea entry point and depart from any airport. Women pilgrims are no longer needed to have male guardians accompany them.