Posted by : Aahil Shaik
Thursday, October 26, 2023
Palestine a common cause for unifying Islamic and Arab nations – Saudi Minister
The Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) remains strong in its commitment to support the Palestinian people, the Minister of Islamic Affairs Sheikh Dr. Abdullatif Al-Sheikh highlighted it in a powerful speech during the 9th meeting of GCC Ministers for Islamic Affairs and Awqaf. Trending : Saudi criticizes the UN Security Council’s inaction on Palestinian issue
The Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) has been an unwavering supporter of their cause and has strongly condemned negative policies and acts against them since its founding. The minister emphasized that the Palestinian issue is a problem that affects everyone, not just Palestinians.
– “Palestine is a common cause that unifies Islamic and Arab nations, spanning boundaries and impacting humanity globally”. Sheikh Dr. Abdullatif stressed how important it is to bring this issue to the forefront of religious debate and public awareness.
– The minister stressed during the discussion in Muscat the need to increase youth awareness and the importance of personal beliefs matching official government policies.
– He stated that the younger generation’s decisions and actions should be guided by leaders who are qualified to tackle these difficult issues. Protecting moral, religious, and family values in GCC societies was the main focus of the meeting’s discussion themes.
– He saw that there were forces working to undermine moral and religious underpinnings, using both open and hidden means to incite disobedience to high values.
– The minister underlined how important it is for the Ministries of Islamic and Religious Affairs and Awqaf to encourage in young people strong morals, values, and a thorough understanding of Islam.
– As the cornerstone for building resilient future generations, Sheikh Dr. Abdullatif believes that the family is the only institution capable of achieving this purpose.
– He also highlighted the ministry’s plans to implement new guidelines for the construction of mosques, including the use of greywater for irrigation and the installation of solar panels on rooftops.