Posted by : Aahil Shaik
Sunday, October 1, 2023
Now online appointment is must for a Periodic Vehicle Inspection (Fahas) in Saudi Arabia
All types of cars or vehicles must now schedule an online appointment for the periodic technical inspection (Fahas) in Saudi Arabia, according to the General Traffic Department’s Motor Vehicle Periodic Inspection (MVPI) wing. Trending Video : Employment termination rules in Saudi Arabia
The Motor Vehicle Periodic Inspection wing advised the owners of different kinds of vehicles to schedule an appointment before visiting any MVPI stations. By logging onto the MVPI electronic platform via the following link: vi.vsafety.sa
– The MVPI sources described the procedures for scheduling an appointment as being straightforward and easy to follow, beginning with the entry of personal and vehicle data, followed by the selection of the type of inspection, the region, and MVPI center of the inspection, and finally the entry of the necessary day and time.
– Vehicles in Saudi Arabia are subject to a yearly periodic inspection. The aim of it is to guarantee that vehicles are secure and adhere to environmental requirements.
– The vehicle’s steering, suspension, chassis, brakes, tires, lighting, and pollution control system will all be examined by the MVPI team. The car will not pass the inspection if any flaws are discovered, and it must be fixed before it can be inspected again.
– In order to enhance the experience of beneficiaries and streamline the process of technical inspection of cars, the SASO continued its efforts to organize the appointment booking mechanism, decrease crowding, and save time and effort.
– The SASO announced that it had started an electronic platform for booking appointments for periodic technical inspections. This portal helps vehicle owners find the facilities closest to them and reserve the right date.