Posted by : Aahil Shaik
Monday, June 26, 2023
Know about the Holy site Mina, from where the Hajj rituals begin
The Makkah Municipality shared some information of the Holy site Mina, where the Hajj rites begin by spending the Day of Tarwiyah there, in preparation for standing at Arafah. The pilgrims also spends the three days of Al-Tashreeq in Mina. Trending : The Day of Arafah
The largest tent city in the world is known as Mina. During the Hajj, pilgrims are required to remain in Mina and carry out the Stoning of the Devil at the Jamarat. In the final days of the Hajj, the rite is performed between sunrise and dusk.
– Mina will be home to millions of Hajj pilgrims on the 8th, 11th and 12th day of the Dhu Al Hijjah, as they stay there during the Hajj.
-The 8th day of Dhul Al Hijjah, when pilgrims arrive at Mina, is called Yawm Al Tarwiyah, or the day of Tarwiyah, in preparation for the Day of Arafah when Hajj pilgrims stand on Mount Arafat.
– When pilgrims get to Mina, they spend their days reading the Quran, praying, and making supplication. By combining the Dhuhr and Asr prayers, as well as the Maghrib and Isha prayers, they are permitted to shorten their prayers.
– The Holy Site of Mina is significant both historically and religiously. It was there that the Prophet Ibrahim (Peace be upon him) stone the Jamarat and slaughtered Ismail’s price.
– Following that, the Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) confirmed this act during the Hajj Pilgrimage and shaved. As a result, Muslims today follow his Sunnah by throwing pebbles at Jamarat, sacrificing their gifts, and shaving.
– Al-Khaif mosque name is derived from what descended from the thickness of the mountain and rose from the waterway. He stated, “I witnessed the Prophet’s (Peace Be Upon Him) Hajj and I offered the morning prayer in the Al-Khaif Mosque with him,” according to Yazid bin Al-Aswad.