Posted by : Aahil Shaik
Tuesday, June 20, 2023
It is not allowed to use liquified Gas at the Holy sites during Hajj – Saudi Civil Defense
The General Directorate of Civil Defense in Saudi Arabia restated the ban on the entry and use of liquified gas cylinders of various types and sizes in the camps of pilgrims and in the holy sites of Makkah, starting from the first day of Dhul Hijjah.
The Saudi Civil Defense in its official Twitter handle explained that, the use of liquified gas in the holy sites of Makkah is prohibited for the safety of the Hajj pilgrims.
– The Civil Defense stated that gas stoves or cylinders that may be used for cooking purposes will be seized and the legal procedures will be taken against the violators.
– The preventive supervision and safety teams of the General Directorate of Civil Defense will follow up on not to use gas inside the holy sites of Mina, Muzdalifah and Arafat through field inspection visits, this is to preserve the safety and security of Hajj pilgrims.
– The General Directorate of Civil Defense held two awareness exhibitions at the Jeddah International Airport and Madina International airport, in coordination with the GACA, to raise the awareness of the preventive aspects of pilgrims.
– Through these exhibitions, the Saudi Civil Defense aims to educate pilgrims of the correct practices to perform their duty with ease and comfort, and to aware them with everything that may affect their safety from accidents at their residence or in the holy sites and to familiarize them with emergency exits and the dangers of electrical connections and overloads.
– These forces works every year to implement a number of hypothesis to set the readiness of the authority, to deal with any emergency in the locations of the pilgrims and how to deal with it in order to achieve the safety and enhance the security of the pilgrims.