If you have a new device, such as a phone, tablet, or computer, and want to connect Wi-Fi to it but have forgotten your Wi-Fi password, resetting the Wi-Fi router is usually the first thing that comes to mind. But don’t worry. You don’t need to take such a drastic step. You can easily find the Wi-Fi password using your Samsung phone. Let’s check how to view Wi-Fi password on Samsung Galaxy phones.
Note: You can view the Wi-Fi password only for the currently connected Wi-Fi network.
How to Find Wi-Fi Password on Samsung
Samsung doesn’t offer a native way to view Wi-Fi passwords. However, there is an easy workaround that lets you view Wi-Fi passwords on Samsung Galaxy phones. For that, you need to generate the QR code of the Wi-Fi network on your Samsung phone and then scan this QR code to view the Wi-Fi password.
It may sound like a challenging task but it’s not. Here are the steps in detail to see the password of Wi-Fi on Samsung phones. For easier understanding, we have divided them into two sections.
1. Download the QR Code of the Wi-Fi
To generate and download the QR code of your Wi-Fi on your Samsung phone, follow these steps:
1. Open Settings on your Samsung Galaxy phone.
2. Go to Connections followed by Wi-Fi.
3. Connect to the Wi-Fi network whose password you want to know.
4. Tap on the cog-shaped icon next to the currently connected network.
5. Press the QR code button at the button to view your Wi-Fi’s QR code.
6. Tap on Save as image to download the QR code on your phone. The QR code will be saved in the gallery app of your phone.
Tip: Scan the code from another device to connect to Wi-Fi without sharing its password.
2. Scan the QR Code to View the Password
After you have saved the Wi-Fi QR code to your Samsung phone, there are multiple ways to scan the QR code to see the password stored in it. Sadly, Bixby vision or the native QR code scanner doesn’t reveal the saved password. But you can use other methods like Google Lens, Google Photos, or third-party tools. Let’s check the steps for these methods.
Using Google Lens
Google Lens comes pre-installed on all Android phones including Samsung Galaxy phones. It’s baked into the Google app.
Follow these steps to scan the QR code of Wi-Fi using the Google app:
1. Open the Google app on your phone.
2. Tap on the Google Lens icon in the search bar. Please note that if the Google search bar widget is added to your phone’s home screen, you can access Google Lens from there as well.
3. Your recent images will show up at the bottom. Select the one with the QR code of your Wi-Fi.
4. Google Lens will scan the QR code and show the Wi-Fi password in text form.
Tip: Check out 15+ tips to use Google Lens.
Using Google Photos
Just like Google Lens, Google Photos also comes pre-installed on Samsung Galaxy phones. Follow these steps to view your Wi-Fi password by scanning the QR code using the Google Photos app:
1. Open the Google Photos app on your Samsung phone.
2. Tap on the Library tab at the bottom and open the folder having the QR code image.
3. Tap on the image to view it in full-screen view.
4. Press the Lens button at the bottom to scan the image. That’s it. The Google Lens feature of Google Photos will reveal your Wi-Fi password.
Tip: Learn how to edit photos in Google Photos like a pro.
Using Online Tools
If for some reason the above methods do not work, you can use free online tools to scan the QR code and view the Wi-Fi password.
Let’s check the steps to use an online tool to view the Wi-Fi password:
1. Open webqr.com in a browser on your phone.
2. Tap on the Camera icon followed by Choose File.
3. Select the QR code image that you downloaded above.
4. The website will quickly scan the QR code and show the Wi-Fi password on your Samsung phone. It’s the text written after P.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to view Wi-Fi passwords on other Android phones?
Go to Settings > Network & internet > Internet. Tap on the Settings icon next to the Wi-Fi network. Then, tap on Share and you will see the Wi-Fi password mentioned below the QR code. Check our detailed guide on finding Wi-Fi passwords on Android phones.
2. How to view previously connected Wi-Fi networks on Samsung?
Go to Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi on your Samsung Galaxy phone. Tap on the three-dot icon at the top and select Advanced settings. Tap on Manage networks. Here you will see all your previously connected Wi-Fi networks.
3. How to delete a Wi-Fi network on Samsung Galaxy phones?
To delete the currently connected Wi-Fi network, go to Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi and tap on the Settings icon next to the Wi-Fi network. Then, tap on Forget on the next screen. To delete saved Wi-Fi networks, go to the Manage networks screen as shown in FAQ 2, and tap on the Wi-Fi network that you want to remove. Tap on Delete.
Find Wi-Fi Password on Other Devices