Posted by : Aahil Shaik
Saturday, July 1, 2023
6 tips for Preserving and Storing Meat – Saudi Food and Drugs Authority
In order to maintain the safety and quality of meat, the Food and Drug Authority (SFDA) of Saudi Arabia issued six suggestions for people for proper storage and preservation of meat. Join Saudi Expatriates channel on Instagram
The Food and Drug Authority through its official Twitter handle tweeted the following guidelines.
1. Storing meat in meat-specific bags rather than using black trash bags.
3. Before placing it in the freezer, make sure to chop it into little pieces and split it into multiple bags as required.
4. Ensure that the refrigerator temperature is 18 degrees Celsius, and the freezer temperature is less than 5 degrees Celsius.
5. To protect its quality and freshness if you plan to store it in the freezer, it is advised to leave it cold in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours before putting it there.
– The SFDA has earlier stated that the following are indications that red meat is spoiled.
* Change in smell brought on by the production of certain gases brought on by the presence of bacteria.
* Color change: Meat turns from pinkish-red to dark red, grey, or yellow.